Are you looking for a legit way to download a Facebook video? Sit back and relax, as we know how to download them. It can be useful and interesting in many ways for users to download Facebook videos.
Some people would want to keep viewing the video in offline mode. As they would not have to go through the trouble of buffering (Users with bad internet connection). They can be of help to show it to other individuals who are not on Facebook, and a Facebook video download can also let you edit that certain video clip in case you want to make a video compilation from the video.
Lucky for you, as there is solution for how to download videos from Facebook. It does work for both desktops and mobile too.
Methods For Downloading Facebook Videos:
There are several ways for downloading Facebook videos, whether on desktop, Android, and iOS. Have a look –
- Using a Third-Party Website – Many websites let you download Facebook videos without having to break into a sweat. The process is easy, and all you have to do is simply paste the URL into the website. Vidloder is one of the best sites for a Facebook video download. Moreover, the third-party website allows you to download videos from other platforms like Instagram and Youtube.
- A few third-party sites lets you download videos from different social media sites.
- You do not have to install the software as pasting the URL/link is enough to download Facebook videos.
- They are easy to use and understand without complicated ways to download.
- Security risks are a big concern as you may unknowingly end up downloading malware or virus.
- Users may have to provide access of their Facebook account to download videos, raising privacy concerns.
- Some devices or operating system may not work properly with third-party sites.
- Via a Browser Extension – There are a few browser extensions for Facebook video download.
- A list of browser extensions let you select the quality of the video downloaded.
- You do not need to download an additional software to download Facebook videos.
- You don’t have to leave Facebook for the download process. Click on the extension on the upper-right corner, and it is done.
- It may not be compatible with all browsers, or may not work with certain video formats.
- They are of limited use as some browser extensions can only download Facebook videos.
- Screen Recording – This is a common way of downloading Facebook videos. However, you might not get the desired video quality.
- Screen recording allows you to capture any portion of the video.
- As it captures the video being played on the screen, it doesn’t download the video file. In such a way, users do not have to deal with copyright infringement issues.
- Since it is a built-in feature on mobile phones and also on a few desktops, there is no need of downloading an additional software.
- You are most likely to get a low quality video when you screen record the Facebook video. It might get worse with a slower internet connection or a low-end device.
- Recording the whole video can be time consuming as compared to when you download Facebook videos.
How to Download Facebook Videos on Desktop –
This does not require rocket science as it is a simple process that needs to be followed. It also works on a Mac, alongwith Windows desktop.
- Open Facebook from the desktop browser.
- Pick the video that you want to download.
- Click the three-dot in the upper-right corner.
- Choose ‘Copy Link’
- PressCtrl+T to open a new tab and and paste the link. Click Enter.
- Remove www from the address bar and replace it with mbasic.
- Press enter and check the mobile view of Facebook.
- Hit the play button to start the video. The video should open in a new tab. If it doesn’t open, right-click on the particular video and select open link in a new tab.
- Go to the new tab and right-click on it. Select ‘Save video as’from the context menu.
- Choose the desired location and save the video.
- Additionally, click the three-dot menu in the lower-right corner and choose download. The browser will save the video to the default download location.
Moreover, you can use Vidloder to download Facebook videos on desktop.
How to Download Facebook Videos on Android Phones & Tablet
It is a much-easier process to download Facebook videos on Android phones and tablets. Moreover, the chrome browser keeps you ahead as compared to other operating system.
- Open Facebook on your Android phone.
- Select any video and head towards the upper-right corner, and click on the three-dot.
- Select copy link.
- Open Google chrome and paste the link.
- Play the video and long-tap on it.
- Click on ‘Tap Download Video’
- Open Google Photos, and select the downloads folder to check the saved video. Now, you can download the video.
How to Download Facebook Videos on iPhone or iPad
Things are not that easy when it comes to iOS devices as the process of downloading Facebook videos does require additional steps.
- Open the App Store.
- Download a third-party app like AnySave App.
- Launch Facebook and select the video you want to download.
- Click on share and copy link.
- Open AnySave.
- Paste the video link and select ‘Save’
- Look at the download process from the upper-right side.
- Provide permission to access the Photos App.
- Open the Photos App to find the downloaded video.
In most cases for downloading Facebook videos, Vidloder as a third-party website does its job of downloading the video at the highest quality with an easy to use process.
Troubleshooting Advice for Common Issues
To download Facebook videos, it can take a toll and you might encounter few issues. Here are some tips on how to download videos from Facebook without any problem.
- See the Privacy Settings: If the Facebook video that you want to download is set to private, you cannot download it. Only public videos can be downloaded.
- Stay Away from Illegal Downloading: Be certain that you have the permission to download the video from the owner. It is termed illegal when you download copyright content without permission.
- Use a Well-Known Video Downloader: You will come across a heck lot of video downloaders, but only a few are trustworthy. Try to use Vidloder as it is a reputable video downloader.
- Clear Cache: If you are not able to download Facebook videos, consider clearing browser cache’s. This does help most of the time.
- Disable Browser Extensions: Browser extensions at times could be the root cause of not being able to download Facebook videos. Try to disable any browser extensions for a while to see If that makes a difference, and resolves the issue of facing downloading issues.
- Try a New Browser: Changing browsers can be the solution for not being able to download Facebook videos.
Downloading videos from Facebook can be an efficient way to watch videos in offline mode. It is important though to have permission from the owner of the video before you plan to download it. Many users usually come across various issues such as compatibility, video privacy settings, bad internet connection, and so on while you go through a Facebook video download.
However, the above-mentioned tips can save from dealing with issues in downloading videos from Facebook.